Driving Uber in Miami Beach for Newbies
Before we go into tips on how to drive Uber in Miami beach, let’s talk a bit about Miami and surroundings. Miami is a port city located in southeastern Florida, United States. Around the Miami River, between the Everglades and the Atlantic Ocean. It was founded on July 28, 1896 and according to the 2014 census has a population of 417,650; Its metropolitan area encompasses more than 5.4 million inhabitants, which makes it the seventh-largest in the United States.
In 2008, she was awarded the title “Cleanest city in the United States” by Forbes magazine for her year working for air quality, large green spaces, clean drinking water and streets, and various recycling programs. In that same year, Miami ranked as the third richest American city and the twenty-second in the world, according to a study by UBS AG.
The fastest way to get around Miami
Miami is a very large and crowded city. If you intend to move quickly and comfortably (without depending on schedules, frequencies, and stations) your best alternative is private transportation.
In this aspect, you can use the Miami taxi service, request an Uber driver or rent a vehicle.
What is Uber?
Uber Technologies Inc. is an American company that provides its customers with driver transport vehicles (VTC) internationally. Through its mobile application software (app), which connects passengers with drivers of vehicles registered in their service. Which offer a transportation service to individuals. The company organizes collections in hundreds of cities around the world and is based in San Francisco (California).
Uber is the leading provider of transportation services through an application. Due to its large expansion across the globe, it arrived in Latin America in 2013 and since its inception was classified as unfair competition by the taxi sector. The company’s presence in Latin America, even with highs and lows, is very successful and encouraging future projections.
- Uber: It is the most common and economical option of drivers for Uber, it includes 2006 model vehicles onwards “although this depends on Uber’s policies for each city”, it accepts a maximum of four passengers and optionally allows to divide the fare among the passenger users.
- App Uber XL: It is the edition of Uber that consists of trucks as transport with an extended capacity of up to six, seven or eight passengers.
- Uber Black: It is the most exclusive version of Uber, consists of dark cars last model with a capacity of four passengers, is often used by organizations and companies for the transport of staff.
- App Uber SUV: Alternative more expensive than UberXL unlike their trucks are of a more recent model.
- Uber Pool: It is a shared edition of Drive UberX, giving up to 3 users from different locations requesting a trip to a destination that is common to be close to all users who share the trip, so a considerable amount is saved by comparing it when requesting an UberX service.
- Android Uber Select: Drive Uber BLACK-like service unlike cars are not strictly dark, and have a lower cost than this.
- Uber VIP: It is an option within the app that is available for certain locations, once the user completes his 100 trips made in the Uber application this new service will be unlocked, which consists of requesting drivers with a rating that has a higher average or equal to 4.8 stars.
- Smartphone UberAIR (Drive Uber Elevate): It is a service planned for 2020, which could be released in Los Angeles (California), Dallas-Fort Worth (Texas) and Dubai. It would consist of flying cars, similar to helicopters, although with their differences, which would cover average distances greatly reducing the duration of the journeys.
- UberEATS (food delivery service).
Recommended Uber App for Miami
The Uber alternative transport system is gaining adherents very quickly. Uber connects users with drivers registered on its online platform. This system has been banned in many cities around the world, but it is not the case of Uber Miami, which continues to operate and achieve legal victories. In January 2016, the president of the Miami-Dade County Commission Jean Monestime announced the withdrawal of an ordinance that opposed the company.
To make use of this platform you must download the app on your mobile and follow the instructions detailed there.
Drive-in Miami – What should you know?
If you come from any other country, there are several things you should keep in mind when driving in the United States:
Remember to respect the local speed limit, it is shown in miles per hour. 1 mile = 1’62km. As in Europe and Spain, you have to stop before the crossings, but in the United States the traffic lights are located after the crossing, so you have to be alert and stop on time. You can turn to the right at the crossroads, even if the traffic light is red. Making a brief stop to check that no one crosses (as if it were a STOP) It generates profits.
Earn money with your car while you Drive Uber in Miami
Generate profits: You can drive with the app and generate the profits you want. The more you drive, the more you can take home. Get Weekly deposits on the favor to the driver. Manage your own time: Drive with the app only when you want. There is no office or bosses. Thus, you can always start and stop according to your time. With the capability to drive Uber in Miami, you decide a start and endpoint.
Driving safety: Uber is committed to the safety of people during their journeys. Our technology allows us to focus on the safety of drivers before, during and after each trip.
Where to drive
Miami and South Florida: From Miami Beach to downtown Miami and from Coral Gables to the city center. Maximize your profits by driving in areas with the most orders.
The moment of greatest demand occurs on weekends, thereafter, especially on Fridays and Saturdays at night. In addition, during the daily transfer hours during the morning and afternoon, there is usually a lot of movement.
- Miami Beach: Ocean Drive between 2nd St. and 195 streets, thereafter, Collins Ave between 2nd St. and 195 streets, Lincoln Rd.
- Downtown Miami: Brickell, American Airlines Arena
- Coral Gables / West Miami: Marlins Park, Coconut Grove, along with, Sunset Plaza, FIU Main Campus, Dolphin Mall
- Downtown: Wynwood District, downtown shops, Biscayne Blvd
Broward and Palm Beach counties
As in Miami, we recommend that you drive on Fridays and Saturdays at night, and during daily transfer hours on weekdays, even in the north.
· Broward County: Las Olas, Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Himmarshee area, Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Sawgrass Mills Mall.
· Palm Beach County: Downtown West Palm, as well as, Clematis Street, West Palm Beach.
- Chimi Tours